Mega Man Universe CCG Community

Discuss the Mega Man Universe Customizable Card Game, a free fan work.
HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Go down 

Favorite Robot Master : Shadow Man

PostSubject: Introduction   Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:50 pm

Welcome to the Mega Man Universe Customizable Card Game Community!
For those of you not familiar with the MMUCCG, read the following for a brief introduction.

First of all, let me introduce my self. I'm an independent game developer operating under the name VacantShadeGames. I'm the main designer and creator of the MMUCCG. Mega Man is owned by CAPCOM, and I am not in any way affiliated with them. As a fan of Mega Man, and a designer of games, I've put together this free fan game. In no way do I profit from this work, or infringe on the profits of CAPCOM.

The game itself is relatively simple. Each card represents something from the Mega Man games.
There are Character Cards, like Mega Man, Doctor Wily, and the Robot Masters.

There are Tactics Cards, which represent a wide variety of abilities, items, and events. The majority of them are the special weapons each Robot Master possesses.

There are Minion Cards, which are the many enemies you find in the Mega Man games.

There are also Area Cards, taking the form of the different levels in the games.

A large part of the game is finding a good combination of the cards. Before actually facing your opponent, you'll build your deck, which is made up of a Team, and Support Cards. Your Team includes Character Cards, and stays in play the entire game. Your Support Cards includes the other types of cards, and cycles through your hand over the course of the game. So the number of times you're likely to use your Support Cards is limited.

After choosing your Team and Support Cards, you've finished your deck, and can now play with another player. Basically, you challenge your deck against theirs. The game is relatively simple, and is divided into 4 Phases of play. After the initial setup, you cycle through these Phases, then determine if there is a winner yet, and if not, you repeat the cycle. The 4 Phases are collectively called a Round.

The 1st Phase is the Supply Phase. This phase lets you draw cards from your Support Cards into your hand, and you gain Resources.
The 2nd Phase is the Selection Phase. This phase allows you to play Minion Cards, Area Cards, and specific Tactics Cards by paying their Cost in Resources.
The 3rd Phase is the Action Phase. This phase is where all your Characters and Minions have a chance to act, potentially scoring you points.
The 4th Phase is the Refresh Phase. This is when you reset some things to prepare for the next Round.

The rules are a lot more detailed, but that is the basic concept of the game. If you enjoy Mega Man, card games, or constructing your own deck, I recommend checking out the game. Using a free program called LackeyCCG, created by Trevor Agnitti, you can play the MMCCG on your computer, and also face others online.

For a more detailed explanation of the rules, you can read or download the official rule book here:

For instructions on how to download and install the game, go to this post:

If you have any questions regarding the game, specific rules or cards, I recommend you search this forum. If you can't find what you are looking for, start a topic and I will endeavor to answer you within a few days.
By being an active player of the game and member of this community, you could qualify to become a beta tester. Becoming one allows you access to more of this forum, which contains the most recent version of the game, as well as opportunities to contribute to the development of the game.
Back to top Go down
Page 1 of 1